We are looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to oversee, grow, and support our new Business Development Team. The Director of Business Development is a new position and is perfect for someone obsessed with building teams, coaching BDRs, and driving pipeline and revenue. Responsibilities include immediately hiring additional BDR’s and providing professional development opportunities for the BDR team, motivating them to achieve pipeline growth targets, and creating an effective step-by-step process of nurturing leads and driving pipeline to MidMarket, Enterprise, and Strategic sales teams.
The Director of Business Development will report to the Head of Marketing and work very closely with the sales leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for our key performance indicators (KPI) for business development including lead generation, qualification, and conversion to opportunities.They will collaborate cross-functionally within AbsenceSoft, but specifically with the sales and marketing teams.They should also be able to lead and motivate the BDR team to achieve quarterly and annual lead, pipeline and revenue goals.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is a rapidly growing Leave Management software company looking to hire amazing people like you! We are a radically innovative provider of SaaS solutions for FMLA, Disability, ADA, and other types of absences. We pride ourselves in having created the most easily used, installed, and understood absence management system and Human Resources Software. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who always believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values (THRIVE)
- Team - We are a team. We show up for each other, act with empathy, listen well, have fun, collaborate, and bring our authentic selves to work every day.
- Honesty - We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent with each other and our clients. We act with integrity, ask the tough questions, and are open to honest feedback.
- Results - We are results-driven and act with urgency, accountability, and commitment. We strive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Inspiring - We inspire and challenge each other every day. We bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team and lift everyone up around us.
- Value - We provide tremendous value to our customers, employees, and shareholders, which drives everything we do and guides our decision making.
- Entrepreneurial - We are willing to try new things and take risks, without fear of failure. We continuously learn and improve in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure all KPI’s are achieved including lead generation, qualification and opportunity conversion.
- Recruiting, training, and managing members of the business development team.
- Set and track targets for your team.
- Build compensation plans.
- Report on KPI’s and suggest improvements as needed to hit targets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Research and discover methods to increase prospect engagement.
- Scale ABM program and selling strategies.
- Build, test, and launch personalized, unique, and value-based prospect campaigns.
- Build an open-communication and collaborative environment for your team.
- Collaborate with the demand gen team to ensure that the team receives quality leads to pursue.
- Work with product marketing on enablement material and content.
- Maintain an accurate record of all meetings and pipeline generated.
- Regularly evaluating the performance of the team.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current sales practices and procedures as needed.
- Build out a business development training program.
- Ensure great prospect and customer experience during early sales stages.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- Proven work experience as a manager within Business Development preferred.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce, Gong and Outreach preferred.
- Proven experience leading ABM selling approach.
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process.
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado. (Remote)
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification, opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is 100k - 110k + commission