We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within AbsenceSoft. To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid understanding of GAAP and strong financial analysis skills. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with an incredible team.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is a rapidly growing Leave Management software company looking to hire amazing people like you! We are a radically innovative provider of SaaS solutions for FMLA, Disability, ADA, and other types of absences. We pride ourselves in having created the most easily used, installed, and understood absence management system and Human Resources Software. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who always believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values (THRIVE)
- Team - We are a team. We show up for each other, act with empathy, listen well, have fun, collaborate, and bring our authentic selves to work every day.
- Honesty - We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent with each other and our clients. We act with integrity, ask the tough questions, and are open to honest feedback.
- Results - We are results-driven and act with urgency, accountability, and commitment. We strive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Inspiring - We inspire and challenge each other every day. We bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team and lift everyone up around us.
- Value - We provide tremendous value to our customers, employees, and shareholders, which drives everything we do and guides our decision making.
- Entrepreneurial - We are willing to try new things and take risks, without fear of failure. We continuously learn and improve in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions related to accounts receivable and payable.
- Manage the payables process, including:
- Process invoices, obtain authorizations, enter and upload invoices into the system and perform check runs timely.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain vendor files and keep track of credits owed to the Company and ensure all credits are properly applied.
- Work closely with other departments to research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Manage the billing process, including:
- Work with the Sales team to ensure accuracy of billing, new customer account set-up, and product set-up.
- Complete manual invoice entry to ensure all invoices are posted accurately and timely in the financial system, as well as ensure sales tax is billed appropriately.
- Upload invoices to customer portals and provide customer account reconciliations.
- Apply deposits and overpayments during the billing process, as well as cash applications. and credit card processing of accounts receivables.
- Perform tasks to collect delinquent accounts receivable.
- Collaborate with other groups to resolve any customer issues and ensure billing accuracy.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including journal entries, account analysis, account reconciliations, financial report preparation and review.
- Prepare fluctuation analysis and explanation of variances and other ad hoc report preparation and analysis.
- Support general office management, administration, and operations.
- Assist with the completion of the annual financial audit and special projects.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive and relevant experience in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS business or public accounting.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Analytical, quick learner with high attention to detail.
- Proficient understanding of GAAP (ASC 606 knowledge and experience a big plus).
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud-based accounting systems.
- Highly organized, proactive self-starter.
- Able to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism and regard for confidentiality.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado. (Remote)
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification, opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is between $80,000 - $85,000.