We’re looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented VP of Product Management – someone that is passionate about driving product strategy while providing leadership, and vision to the AbsenceSoft team. You’ll be overseeing a product platform within the organization and involved with scaling revenue and user growth. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to work both strategically and tactically to build-out a self-service integration platform, scale the implementation channel, and enhance the leave management user experience.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is a rapidly growing Leave Management software company looking to hire amazing people like you! We are a radically innovative provider of SaaS solutions for FMLA, Disability, ADA, and other types of absences. We pride ourselves in having created the most easily used, installed, and understood absence management system and Human Resources Software. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who always believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values (THRIVE)
- Team - We are a team. We show up for each other, act with empathy, listen well, have fun, collaborate, and bring our authentic selves to work every day.
- Honesty - We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent with each other and our clients. We act with integrity, ask the tough questions, and are open to honest feedback.
- Results - We are results-driven and act with urgency, accountability, and commitment. We strive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Inspiring - We inspire and challenge each other every day. We bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team and lift everyone up around us.
- Value - We provide tremendous value to our customers, employees, and shareholders, which drives everything we do and guides our decision making.
- Entrepreneurial - We are willing to try new things and take risks, without fear of failure. We continuously learn and improve in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that adopts the core values of AbsenceSoft.
- Evangelize the customer experience of the HRIS, Leave Management, Supervisor, and Employee personas across Absencesoft products and services.
- Establish a roadmap to deliver enterprise-grade self-service integration and implementation features operable by internal staff, 3rd parties, and customers.
- Maintain and innovate a roadmap to deliver a market-leading leave management and compliance experience.
- Work with functional leaders to create a roadmap that supports their optimization of gross margin and customer retention.
- Work with customer facing functions to build up the Absencesoft user community.
- Assess the competitive landscape and market, new and existing revenue models, and continuously assess and adjust the product strategy to maintain Absencesoft’s differentiators and market position.
- Own the ideation, solution, and awareness phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Orchestrate agile backlog planning and maintain 2-4 weeks of ready to implement defined work.
- Own the internal and external communication needs in rolling out new product offerings.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required team members not currently in place.
- Create a success-oriented, collaborative, and accountable environment.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- 7+ years’ experience in product management for SaaS companies with enterprise integration features
- 3+ years of management / leadership experience, ideally with proven experience of building a team
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in business or related field
- Deep Experience delivering implementation ready requirements to engineering and operations teams
- Experience assessing the competitive landscape and creating the product vision in a previous role
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proactive project management – problem identification and solution development
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information; analyze and document customers’ feedback and share with appropriate internal constituents
- Strong interpersonal skills including active listening and dissemination abilities.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado.
- This is a full-time salaried position + bonus
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. Our brand new state of the art office has automatic standing desks and a brand new oversized kitchen complete with unlimited snacks and drinks. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification; opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this role is $150k-$200k.